From The Fresh Hotel 800 meters
Founded in 1590 by Prince Giovanni Francesco de Sangro in the garden of his palace to venerate Our Lady of Mercy, the chapel we see now is the result of work done by Raimondo de Sangro, Prince of San Severo in 1742. The structure has a rectangular nave, has sculptures of great value, including the Deposition of Francis celebrate, Modesty, by Antonio Corradini and Disillusion of Francesco Queirolo. But the work for which the chapel is best known is the Veiled Christ Sam Martin, placed at the center of the chapel.
Raimondo de Sangro, writer and lover of art, he was best known as an alchemist. Some experiments in the chapel has left a memory: the bodies of two people in which it is perfectly visible circulatory system.
Museo Cappella Sansevero
Via F. De Sanctis 19/21
80134 – Napoli
Tel./Fax +39 081 5518470